Light Source Facilities
Ampegon supplies RF amplifier systems and voltage regulated DC power supplies for large-scale research projects based on particle acceleration. One of the most interesting and challenging applications is that of synchrotron light source facilities. This light can penetrate deep inside matter, allowing scientists to investigate the world around us at the scale of atoms and molecules.
This exceptional light is produced using high energy accelerators, where electrons are energized and accelerated to almost the speed of light. In electromagnetic cavities, the electrons are energized by special RF amplifiers, in order to compensate the energy loss of the electrons caused by synchrotron radiation. The RF power of these amplifiers is typically in the range of 50 - 350 kW.
Ampegon RF amplifier systems and high voltage power supplies are especially suited for such applications due to their high flexibility, reliability, accuracy, efficiency and long lifetime.
- Long term experience and world-class references
- Turnkey capability
- High reliability based on consequent system redundancy with excellent mean-time between failures (MTBF)
- Low mean-time to repair (MTTR) with short and simple maintenance thanks to modular design
- Ease of operation
- Fast supervision and enhanced protection techniques
- Optimal adjustment of working point with continuously adaptable regulated output voltages of any power supply
- Control systems are adaptable to specific site requirements (SPS, EPICS, TINE etc.)