Ampegon designs and delivers customized RF amplifier systems based on gridded tubes, klystrons, gyrotrons or inductive output tubes (IOT).
Our specialty is handling RF power ratings of up to 2 megawatts and frequencies up to 200 MHz with gridded tubes, or several hundreds of kilowatts with klystrons or IOT’s at frequencies up to 1300 MHz. Familiar with the challenges of high power applications as well as of frequencies of several hundred MHz, we undertake studies, plant engineering and project assignments.
The application of special RF amplifiers for the acceleration of particles or plasma heating is a well known and established technology in our company.
- RF amplifiers up to 2 MW and frequencies up to 1300 MHz
- Protection and regulation of RF power under all kinds of VSWR conditions
- Continuous wave (cw) or pulsed operation
- Solid state and tube based solutions for triodes, tetrodes, klystrons or IOT’s
- High stability in RF amplitude and phase due to application-wise optimized power supply systems
- Flexible bandwidth solutions (narrow band, wide band)
- Highest efficiency and availability
- Control system adaptable to a wide variety of customer specific solutions and interfaces