Digital Low Level RF
Ampegon supplies universal, digital low level RF systems for high operability, availability and long lifetime.
Digital LLRF systems accomplish field regulation in RF cavities. The systems also serve as the primary man machine interface (MMI) between the operator and the RF system as a whole. Thus, in spite of their highly complex nature, they must secure easy, straight-forward and self-explanatory operation. In addition they must be robust and reliable, and feature a high degree of automation.
Digital LLRF systems are instrumental in accomplishing amplitude and phase controlling in the electromagnetic cavities of particle accelerators. They keep the amplifiers tuned to the correct frequency no matter how the cavities drift, thus insuring that the particles are accelerated and not slowed down.
- Professional hardware and software design
- Flexible and extendable to several beam processors
- Real-time monitoring system and diagnostics Algorithms and digital signal processing based upon FPGA
- High-end embedded technology devices
- Local handling and calibration by means of a graphic user interface (GUI)
- Single-shot and repetitive pulses
- Flexible Ethernet based control interface for various control system requirements like EPICS, TINE etc.